Thursday, August 19, 2010

New leaf?

I have a tendency to write these kinds of posts after a super long absence. I get super optimistic about working out, eating healthy, and losing weight. And then a few days pass and I'm over it. This usually happens when I'm at home with nothing better to do but scheme, plan out my life, and make resolutions, which is the case today.

I'm hoping this time the feeling will stick. My mom has now lost 45 pounds (so proud of her!) and weighs 20 pounds LESS than me. How embarrassing. I have got to do something about this because I can't be fat and unhappy any longer. And I've noticed that my abs are absolute Jell-O. I can barely hold a crunch for 5 seconds, and the only reason I know that is because I couldn't hold myself up when I was fixing my hair in bed (try to imagine that one). I used to be able to do 200 crunches at once and now I've got nothing.

So I've started the 100 push-up program. It's a six-week program that "promises" you'll be able to do 100 push-ups at the end of it. It's pretty simple, like Couch to 5 k, and only requires 5 sets of a small number of push-ups three times a week. For example, Day One of Week One for my level is the following number of push-ups: 10, 12, 7, 7, and at least 9.

I can't do enough real push-ups to make this program worthwhile, because I would have to repeat too many weeks with little progress, so I've been doing "girl push-ups" instead, you know, the ones on your knees. And once I build up to 100 of those, I hope my upper body is strong enough to be able to do at least 10 real push-ups. And that's when I'll start the actual program. For now, though, I'm sticking to girl push-ups since I'm already super sore from the 15 I did two days ago. Not a good sign, but I can only go up from here!

I really like structured things like this and I've been meaning to start the day off with push-ups for years now, so this seems like a great thing for me to do. And there's no guess-work. Everything is planned out. Yay :)

Oh, and I'm going to add my weight and daily training to the end of each blog post in italics. Hopefully this will motivate me to post more often. So here's the first one:

210.5
Push-ups: 10, 12, 7, 7, 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment