Thursday, January 24, 2013

Battling hunger

I was hungry last night but since I don't mind going to bed with a little bit of hunger pains, I ignored it and told myself I'd make up for it today by eating a bit more.

But, I was dragging in the morning and then was busy all afternoon so by 5 pm all I'd eaten was a nut bar and a banana. In short, I was starving. I came home, wolfed down a burrito, a bratwurst, and some cheese curds, but still didn't feel any relief. That "lunch" was much more calorific than I would've liked (750 calories) but I was STARVING.

Several hours later, my stomach still wasn't happy so I made myself some leftover stuffed bell peppers. But while they were heating up, I warmed up a glass of milk because I need a daily dose of dairy and I didn't get a chance to eat it at breakfast. After downing that, I didn't feel very hungry at all. I still ate the bell peppers because I had started heating them up and didn't want to wake up extremely hungry again, but I felt that maybe I didn't really need them.

Perhaps my hunger pains were more due to thirst than hunger. I have read that that can happen. (Along with the milk and bell peppers, I drank two glasses of water with Nuun electrolyte tablets because I have been feeling very dehydrated lately. So all in all, there was a lot of stuff consumed for dinner.)

Now, nearly two hours after this ginormous dinner, I am still incredibly stuffed, which supports my thirst conclusion. You live and you learn.

Also, I haven't exercised in the last two days and I've been dragging ever since. Part of me wants to blame my lack of exercise for this, but I'm pretty sure it's the cloudy weather and just general lack of sleep. I'll give exercising a shot tomorrow (hopefully going on the bike ride I was supposed to go on earlier this week) to see if that helps, but it's also supposed to be sunny so my experiment won't exactly work. Either way, I'll get some calories deficits, some fresh air, and hopefully some weight-loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment