Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekly Plans for October 2010

I like lists. And goals. So if it's on the list and part of a goal, I'm more likely to do it. Hence this page of weekly plans of exercise.

So here's an archive of my weekly plans for October 2010:

Key for colors is at the bottom of the post.

Week of 9/26: Run three times
Monday - Bike to work/school
Tuesday - C25K: Week One, Day One
Wednesday - Bike to work/school; Indoor soccer
Thursday - C25K: Week One, Day Two
Friday - C25K: Week One, Day Three
Saturday - Parents in town so nada planned 7 mile hike: half uphill, half downhill
Sunday - Parents in town so nada planned
As you can see, I'm all about ditching exercise. The only things I actually did involved getting my butt to class and hanging with the folks. Granted, we did go on a a 7 mile hike on Saturday, but that doesn't get me any fitter for the 10 mile obstacle race at the end of January, so I'm not counting it. I'm going to try to repeat this schedule next week and get a habit of exercising on certain days going. We'll see how that goes.

Week of 10/3: Run three times
Monday - Bike to work/school
Tuesday - C25K: Week One, Day One
Wednesday - Bike to work/school; 15 mile bike ride; Indoor soccer
Thursday - C25K: Week One, Day Two
Friday - C25K: Week One, Day Three
Saturday - 15 mile bike ride (harder than Wednesday)
Sunday - Outdoor soccer
I seriously screwed up my ankle Wednesday night after soccer (like, writhing in pain on the ground for 5 minutes before I could even move) so I've been hobbling around all week. Hence the not-completed running goal. But what else is new? I had to tape my ankle up pretty hard and take a lot of painkillers to make it through the soccer game on Sunday, but it was well worth it. Once it completely heals, I really NEED to start running because this 10-mile race is coming up quick. Hopefully next week. I've been saying that every week, so it better stick this time.

Week of 10/10: Recover and rest my ankle - great, lazy goal :)
Monday - Bike to work/school
Tuesday - Rest for the ankle
Wednesday - Bike to work/school; Indoor soccer (in goal)
Thursday - Rest for the ankle
Friday - Rest for the ankle
Saturday - Bike 'n' Beer (40 mile ride)
Sunday - Recovery
A whole lot of nothing happened this week. I couldn't run because the ankle was still really bugging me and I didn't want to mess it up even further by pounding over 200 pounds on it with every step. Instead, I should've gone on a few rides during the week (after all, that's why I bought long-sleeve bike jerseys), but as you can see, that didn't happen either. My brother and his gf organized a Bike 'n' Beer of the pseudo-local breweries so I'm really glad I went on that since it got me some exercise. And by "some", I definitely mean "a lot". Hopefully all this rest will've paid off and I'll be able to run next week and start the dreaded C25K. I feel like once I start, I'll be good to go and will stick with it. At least that's the plan.

Week of 10/17: Run three times
Monday - Bike to work/school
Tuesday - Recovery and rest
Wednesday - Bike to work/school; C25K: Week One, Day One
Thursday - C25K: Week One, Day Two
Friday - C25K: Week One, Day Three; C210K Week One, Day One
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 25 mile bike ride

Week of 10/24: Run four times
Monday - Nada
Tuesday - C210K: Week One, Day Two< Wednesday - Nada
Thursday - C210K: Week One, Day Three
Friday - C210K: Week Two, Day One; Rest ankle
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - C210K: Week Two, Day Two; C210K: Week Two, Day One
I was pretty good and excited about running this week, but by Thursday night my ankle wasn't feeling right. So I took an unplanned day off on Friday (even though I REALLY wanted to run) and forced myself to run on Sunday, probably against my better judgment, but I need to get some fitness in. So with a wrapped up ankle, I made it through a tough workout. Hopefully next week I'll feel somewhat better.

Key:
Weekly goal
Amended weekly goal
Other exercise (non-goal oriented)
Regular get-some-movement-in filler exercise (not strenuous)
Added exercises (unplanned)
Comments regarding the week

No comments:

Post a Comment