Monday, November 8, 2010

I don't do 6s

Friday I did W2D3 of C210K (2' jog 2' walk x 6) and it was KILLER!!! I hated practically every minute of it and even stopped in the middle of one of the intervals because I was so fed up with running. But I pulled myself together and focused on putting one foot in front of the other and somehow made it through. It took all the will-power in the world to run, but I kept telling myself that I need to do this otherwise I will never get in shape. And somehow that pep-talk worked :)

And Sunday I had a 3' jog and 2' walk x 7 that was just as brutal mentally. It must've just been last week that's been so bad because I'd been so happy and positive about every other workout I've had, including other 2' and 3' runs.

I have been pretty stressed lately so maybe that's translating to my runs, but hopefully this week will be better. I was a little worried about the big jump from 2' running to now 3' running (what a difference a minute makes!) but I noticed it's essentially the same intervals for three more weeks, so I have time to get better at it. And here I thought I'd be up to 5 minutes next week. That would've been scary!

And tomorrow is another 2' jog 2' walk, which is such a relief. Since the weather for the next 36 hours looks like this:
And since we can't afford to skip anymore runs, it's looking like I'll be running at the bright and cheery hour of 7 am. Well, actually, it's going to be 7:03 am since I refuse to wake up in the 6s to torture myself go for a run, and 3 minutes should be plenty of time to get out the door.

A little about myself and my sleeping habits. Getting up early for me is 9 am. Maybe even 10 am, depending on the day. My job allows for this kind of flexibility so I tend to work at night when everyone else is asleep and there's nothing on TV to distract me from my work. School isn't flexible at all, which is why I resent it so much, among other reasons.

So yes, wish me luck. It's going to be brutal, mentally more so than physically. At least it's only 2 minutes of running at a time. And a hot pot of tea awaits me when I get home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment