Monday, May 3, 2010

Kickball

Today was amazingly successful extra-curricular-wise but completely and utterly unproductive work-wise. I got up at 1:30 pm without having woken up any earlier, which is weird. Usually I wake up at least twice in the morning and choose to sleep in more. Today, it was straight through to 1:30. I guess I was tired. After I finally dragged myself out of bed, I watched some TV, messed around online, and did absolutely nothing productive until kickball.

I'd been worried about the team I started having too many people (we have 24 on the roster, with a max 10 people allowed on the field at one time...so double) but only 12 showed up which is PERFECT! Next week there'll probably be more but it seems like everyone is receptive to sitting out an inning or two in the dugout. And this way I don't have to worry about people not showing up and us having to forfeit, which is awesome. So yeah, that went well. And we won 16-4.

The other awesome accomplishment was that I didn't have a single beer, even though I was the one that bought it and brought it. I figure it's not worth the calories and it's not like I get a buzz after two or three, especially since it's PBR. And if I stay after the game and get drunk, I just want to drink more and eat more and it all goes downhill from there. So I can have a good time while drinking water (great for today since apparently I was also super dehydrated) and not have the temptation of a 30-pack overwhelm me.

The second kickball game was the same with regards to abstaining from alcohol, so all is going well. Now I just have to continue this trend for longer than a month. Piece of cake, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment