Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Exercise partner fail

I'd been meeting up with a couple people to run hills and stairs for the past month or so. Originally we did Tuesdays at noon and then one week we added Thursdays at 8 am. That was my suggestion because I just can't do lunch runs on Thursdays and my friends agreed.

I'm kind of pissed off about this because even though I specifically told them to let me know if the plan changes, no one did. I understand we don't see each other every day and some days lately I haven't been able to make it for a variety of reasons. But I've always let them know well in advance that I'd be missing. So a little courtesy text that they won't be there would've been nice.

I also don't exactly like the hills and stairs because I truly don't see any progress I'm making. Technically it's probably easier for me to do more reps but I don't notice it. And that's frustrating for me. I like to see the fruits of my labor and these exercises aren't cutting it.

So I think the solution is to do the C210k program three days a week and add hills on Tuesdays with the group. Whenever it's nice enough to ride my bike I'll do that instead and just push back my C210k plan back a day. I'm not on any sort of schedule so this should be the least stressful way to go about exercising and getting fit.

And now that The Roomie's rugby season is over, we had planned to use the time she usually had practice to go to the gym to lift. Except she scheduled herself to work tonight instead. Awesome.

That pretty much leaves me to my own devices and will-power, which have never been my strong suit. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment