Sunday, November 22, 2009

My goals, as of 9/22/10

My ultimate goal: to finally be happy with who I am.

Ideally, I have a certain goal weight in mind (don’t we all?), which is listed in steps below. But, I’m more so looking to gain confidence and contentment in my life. So here’s to that!

Instead of going straight to the number goals, I'm trying a new approach this time around, which is what I did with partial success the first time I legitimately gave this losing weight thing a shot. Moderation and steps are key, instead of jumping in head first. Habits take a while to form, so I'm going to try to get used to something before adding on another activity/goal. And here's the plan:

  • Begin with 3 days of exercise a week. Add another day every 2-3 weeks or so.
  • Start the Couch to 5k (C25K) running program. And start with Week One, Day One. None of this skipping around and thinking I'm more advanced. I really am starting from the couch.
  • Only run two days a week for now (maybe even one) so I can get more cycling in while it's still warm.
  • It's ok to substitute something else for running once in a while, since it's better to get some exercise even if it isn't what I need right now. But I need to break a sweat for at least 30 minutes doing whatever the other thing is.

And onto the weight goals:

Current weight (9/22/10): 220.5
Goals:
209 - 12/8/10 - 5% Lost
199 - 3/2/10 - Onederland
174 - 8/24/10 - Just Plain Overweight
162 - 11/16/10 - College Minimum
154 - 1/25/11 - Last Ten or So
140 - 5/2/11 - GOAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment