Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Second thoughts

This triathlon thing has me in a quandary. I don't know if I can go from not exercising much to doing it intensely every day. I've been really thinking about this TNT thing a lot and I figure that's the only way I'll actually do a triathlon since I don't have the willpower to get my ass to the gym so often. It's just too easy to say no. But with TNT, I'll have made a commitment and put money down so it'll force me to work out and make this happen.

Also, if I have to raise something on the order of $3000 or more, I don't know if this is where I wanna spend my time fund-raising. For the longest time I've been wanting to go to Africa or Fiji to do a Habitat for Humanity International trip, but the steep price tag has always scared me off. I mean, how do you raise $3500? Especially me? But when I saw the prices for the triathlon thing, it seemed like a piece of cake. And now that I think about it, it's comparable to what Fiji or Botswana would cost me. So the big question is, what would I rather fund-raise for?

I mean, the triathlon would be a great way to get my butt into shape and it'd be much more than a trip. It would a life-style change which is what I really need right now to kick-start the new me (I need a fire under my ass to do anything that's remotely hard). And the Habitat trip would just be...a trip. A sweet experience, but still, just a trip. I guess that's the reasoning I'm going with right now. I can always get involved with Habitat later down the road. I'm just afraid that I'll only have one chance to ask people for money and I can't decide which I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment