Friday, January 21, 2011

2-0-something

I'm less than 10 pounds away from being in onederland. Yup, you read that right. After being stalled at 212.5 for the past week, the scale finally budged and showed an amazing and very surprising 209.5 glorious pounds. I can't believe I'm so happy to be this heavy, but I have to admit I did a little jig this morning.

It's really nice to see that all my hard work has been paying off. I've been eating regular healthy and normally portioned meals. Today was the only day all week that I went out and got food instead of preparing it at home (partly as a reward for losing weight, which doesn't make sense now but did in my sleep-deprived mind this morning). As a result, I did splurge a little bit on the calories today, ending up with 2256 for the day, a bit much for me, but oh well, such is life.

Other than that, my eating has been spotless. I've been snacking on the organic fruits I get delivered weekly instead of corn flakes and today we (The Roommie and I) found a recipe that incorporated our craving (stir-fry) as well as the ingredients we needed to get rid of (chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms). It was perfect! And under 300 calories, if you don't count the noodles, of course.

I did slip up a few times this week by having a beer which didn't really do much as well as some caramels this afternoon, but other than that, I'm really proud of myself.

I was getting a bit bummed that my efforts weren't showing up on the scale, but today I had redemption. And I talked myself into getting out of bed for swimming again. I think I really can do this, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment