Saturday, January 15, 2011

A test of my strength

Tonight's going to be tough. We're going out to Sushi Zanmai for karakoe as a moving away party for a good friend. Those nights always get crazy and it's going to be hard to stay away from the beer that'll be a-flowing. It helps that I'm still a bit hungover from last night so I'm not really feeling the beer, so I'm hoping that'll be enough to abstain. I just can't afford those extra calories. Yesterday I consumed over 2000 calories in beer alone. Eww. That really needs to be controlled, because I don't want to give up drinking completely but I also can't afford these kinds of nights, calorie-wise.

I think the compromise is to limit drinking to one night a week and even then to five drinks per session. I'll try to whittle that down to three by the end of the month. I know it's not enough of a cut, but I need to do this a little at a time otherwise I'm just going to give up and go back to my old ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment