Friday, January 7, 2011

Who said anything about swimming?

I overslept. Hard-core. I set three alarm clocks so they were staggered in 30 minute intervals to make sure I made it to the pool today. I don't even remember turning them off. Yikes!

So I'm going to go on a run right now and restart C210K. The countdown on my main page to Tough Mudder Texas is scaring me since it's getting to be so soon and I haven't run in about 6 weeks. I could be almost done with the program by now! That's what I get for cutting my finger off and using that as an excuse to sit on my butt for way too long.

In happier news, I did my first official weigh-in of 2011 today and I'm at 213.0 lbs. Wowsers! That means I haven't gained a pound in the past month. And that's with absolutely no exercise AND being home for two weeks AND indulging in cakes and beers. WTF. I'm shocked. So like I said in an earlier post, once I get my butt moving and start counting my calories again, the weight will just fall off.

I really needed that to get some hope back. Now I'm determined to make this happen!

***An Update***

I did do that run and it was so amazing to get outside and breathe in the crisp winter air. I felt so happy during and after, like I'd been missing something in my life. On the other hand, I could feel the six-week break I had taken in that I was pretty fast during the 1 minute intervals, but I probably couldn't have run for 2 minutes or even minutes straight so many times. So I'm glad I started over and I'm glad I forced myself to get off the couch and do something.

And tomorrow and Sunday, I go snowboarding, which burns a ridiculous number of calories. BUT, we're also celebrating a friend's birthday so a lot of that will be offset by the celebration. I'll try to stick to only a few and take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment