Friday, January 22, 2010

This body's not made for dancing

Irish dance today was excruciatingly painful, not physically but emotionally/psychologically. I keep forgetting that dance studios have mirrors everywhere, and at the moment, I'm kind of disgusted seeing myself in the mirror. I never thought I was one of those people, until I took this class. Back to not choosing the right dance style, jumping up and down is not so good for my already shitty ankles. It's really fun and I'm happy to finally learn how to do this, but it's killing my feet from the pounding and I just plain suck. And I HATE sucking. I'm not used to it since I've been at least decent in every other sport I've tried. Not so much for Irish dancing, or racquetball, which is probably why I'm not bummed about missing those practices this semester.

Anywhos, I couldn't wait for class to be over cuz my feet kept getting lost to with all those moves. I feel like lady is going a bit too fast for our group, but at the same time, it's nothing so difficult that I couldn't practice at home. So maybe I should just do that and I won't feel so down during class. I guess that's my plan for this week. I doubt I'll stick with it, but might as well try.

I also need to move around more. I think tomorrow I'm going to start the Couch to 10K table thing I have on here. I might as well get into running since I have to begin to like it if I'm going to be doing the triathlon over the summer. Speaking of, I found out that they don't refund prices, but there's a very similar tri by the same company just outside of Vegas (like this one) held in October. So maybe I can convince my roommate that we'll have more money by then (and her birthday's the weekend before the other tri so that's added incentive) and all will be merry. We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight and I was gonna broach the subject then, but we didn't end up doing that so, as always, I'm putting it off for another day.

But for now, since I'm below my calorie balance by about 400 calories, I'm going to have a goodnight beer. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment