Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tummy aches

I could not fall asleep yesterday. It was partially due to my nocturnalism and also cramps from TOM, but the kicker was the excruciating stomach pains that started around 3 am. OMG. I thought I was going to go insane. It was a combination of extreme hunger and just general crappiness. I'd kind of felt that way after eating some frozen meat about a week ago, but there didn't seem to be a reason for these. I mean, I did go out to Indian and it was sorta spicy, so that may be the cause, but that's never happened before. I think my stomach is just out of whack and not happy from my really poor nutrition choices lately. I've been cutting out junky meals and, since I'm still not into cooking, that means I just haven't been eating many good calories, or much at all, for that matter. Instead, I get my calorie numbers up through chocolate and cookies. Not good.

So today I decided to make a real meal to try to fix this stomach unhappiness. It hasn't really worked. After one fairly size-able portion, I was still starving so I waited about an hour to see if that would help. Nope, I was still very hungry and not feeling too hot, so I ate another portion. Now I'm not as hungry, but my stomach is still doing flips inside. I don't know what's going on. Obviously one day of eating well is not going to fix everything, but I figured it would help at least a bit. Nope.

Oy. I guess it's just made it clear to me that I can't treat my body like shit and should actually feed myself normally. So I've made a shopping list and a food plan for the next few days and should be somewhat set at least for this week. Next step is to try Activia again, since it's "clinically proven" to do something with your digestive system. It worked last time, so I'm going to give it another try. That, and I should be eating yogurt anyways, so I'm gonna try to kill two birds with one stone. Yay for being hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment